KidZone & Youth
Access to the KidZone is included with your family membership. KidZone accepts children from 6 weeks to 13 years and offers separate infant care (reservations required) for children up to 12 months. We provide a wide-array of age-specific classes and play areas. See ‘schedules’ for a list of KidZone activities by location.
- Chester – M-F (8 am-9 pm), Sat. (8 am-7 pm), Sun. (9 am-6 pm)
- Colonial Heights – M-F (8 am-9 pm), Sat. (9 am-7 pm), Sun. (9 am-6 pm)
- Fredericksburg – M-F (8 am-9 pm), Sat. (8 am-7 pm), Sun. (9 am-6 pm)
- Mechanicsville – M-F (8 am-9 pm), Sat. (8 am-7 pm), Sun. (9 am-6 pm)
- Midlothian – M-F (8 am-9 pm), Sat. (8 am-7 pm), Sun. (9 am-6 pm)
- Southside – M-F (8:30 am-9 pm), Sat. (8 am-7 pm), Sun. (9 am-6 pm)
- Swift Creek – M-F (8 am-9 pm), Sat. (8 am-7 pm), Sun. (9 am-6 pm)
- VA Center Commons – M-F (9 am-9 pm), Sat. (8 am -7 pm), Sun. (9 am-6 pm)
- West End – M-F (8 am-9 pm), Sat. (9 am-7 pm), Sun (9 am-6 pm)
- Williamsburg – M-F (8 am-9 pm), Sat. (8 am-7 pm), Sun (9 am-6 pm)
Celebrate your next birthday with AFF, and leave the planning to us! Our KidZones at our Chester, Fredericksburg, Mechanicsville, Midlothian, Swift Creek and West End locations are available to host your next birthday celebration with themed parties for ages 3 and up.
- Chester – Sports activities parties can be scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Fredericksburg – Pool & sports activity parties can be scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Mechanicsville – Parties for all ages including both standard and deluxe options. Contact Youth Activities Coordinator for more information or to book a party.
- Midlothian – Pool & sports activity parties can be scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays between 1 & 5pm. 4 years old and up, member or non-member. Contact the Youth Activities Coordinator at the club for more information.
- Swift Creek – Pool & sports activity parties can be scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays.
- West End -Pool parties (ages 5+) & sports play and Zone parties (ages 5+). Parties can be scheduled Monday-Friday between 1:30 & 3:30 and Saturday/Sunday between 1:00 & 5:00.
Contact your club’s KidZone manager for pricing or more details.
Enjoy a night out, and leave your kids with us! On select Saturdays, we’ll entertain your young ones with crafts, games, movies and pool play (4+ years at select locations). Kids must be at least two years old. Contact your club’s Kid Zone for details and dates. Advance reservations required. More Info
Clothing & Shoes – Children participating in scheduled activities must wear appropriate clothing and close-toed shoes (sneakers) if applicable. Only children age 4 and older may participate in pool play activities.
Diaper Changes - Please be sure your child is clean and dry before entering the KidZone. Diaper changing is offered as a courtesy to children under age 2, however KidZone staff reserves the right to locate you to perform a diaper change. KidZone staff will locate the parent to change the diaper of any child older than age 2.
Food & Snacks – Because of food allergies, AFF KidZones are nut-free environments. Please do NOT send any foods with peanuts, nuts or nut products with your children. We also do NOT allow fast food or full meals, jello, pudding, lollipops, gum, canned drinks or any glass containers. Examples of acceptable foods are chips, pretzels, pop tarts, crackers, grain bars, fruit snacks, cereal, and sliced fruit. Please send all drinks in spill-proof cups. KidZone staff will give pre-mixed or pre-measured bottles to infants, however we are not able to spoon-feed infants.
Illness & Medications – Please do not bring children with colds, flu, pink eye, green runny nose, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, rash or other illnesses to the KidZone. If your child is too sick to go to school or participate in other activities, he/she should not come to the KidZone. KidZone staff will not administer or apply any medications or ointments including those for diaper rash.
Infant Reservation System – In order to provide the care your children need, we require that you make a reservation for all children up to 12 months (and any child who is not walking, regardless of age) prior to bringing them to the KidZone. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance (and are accepted up to a week in advance) by contacting your club’s KidZone. There is a 2-hour time limit for all infant reservations.
Personal Items – Please label all cups, bottles, snack containers, pacifiers, diaper bags, etc. with your child’s name. Please do not bring toys from home, however security items such as blankets are permitted.
Special Needs – Please notify the KidZone staff if your child has allergies, diabetes or any other medical limitations.
Time Limit – KidZone visits are limited to two hours per visit. There must be at least one hour break between visits on the same day. Members must remain on-site while children are in the KidZone (except in the cases of pre-scheduled Parents Night Out and/or Moms Morning Out programs).
American Family Fitness offers a variety of youth programs for children ages 5-13. Check the schedule for your club’s Kid Zone or check out the camps and clinics we offer during the summer and throughout the year.