Children 9-13 years old:
• May only be in club with an adult (18+)
• May be checked into KidZone; if not may request red wristband from front desk in order to attend ‘Junior Group-X’ classes
• May use cardio equipment that does not run with a motor. May not use motorized equipment under any circumstances (including but not limited to treadmills, incline trainers, treadwalls & step mills)
• May use mechanical weights if directly supervised by adult (18+)
• Must be supervised by an adult (18+) when in the pool area
• May play basketball or racquetball with an adult (18+)
• May not be in free weight rooms
• May not use steam rooms or saunas
Children 8 years old or younger:
• Must be checked into KidZone unless in pool area with adult (18+)
• Must be 6 years or older to enter hot tub
A separate handout must be signed and returned to KidZone before your child will be able to attend. Reservations are required for children until they are 12 months old and walking. Two hour time limit applies to each visit, parent must be in the fitness center at all times.
Members must present card at front desk to obtain a basketball. Sign-in sheets are located in each court area. All participants must sign themselves in. Teams will be determined by the order in which names appear. Dunking or foul language is not
permitted and may result in suspension of membership. First game is to 16 points,
subsequent games are to 11 points. No guests are allowed in basketball court area.
Locker rooms are available for use by all members. Parents are not to bring children of the opposite sex, 3 years of age or older, into locker room area as a courtesy to other members. Locks are not provided. Locks left on overnight will be removed by our staff. Shower facilities, body wash and hair dryers (upon request) are provided. Towel rental is available in our Cafe / ProShop.
Reservations are required and can be made up to three days in advance by contacting our front desk. Reservations will be forfeited if you are not on the court within fifteen minutes of reserved start time. Proper attire is required (shorts, shirt, court shoes,
protective eye wear) at all times. Non-marking shoes only. No guests are allowed.
Consult a doctor if you have high or low blood pressure, diabetes or a heart problem; do not use if you are pregnant. For the body’s cooling system to work properly, it is preferable to allow sweat to dry on your skin before you shower it off, cooling the skin as it evaporates. Please use shower before entering. Children under 14 are not allowed. Exercise attire or swimwear is required in both steam & sauna areas.
• All patrons MUST shower BEFORE using pool and/or whirlpool.
• No lifeguard on Duty.
• Children 13 and under require adult supervision; adult must be in wet area at all times.
• No diving, running or rough play.
• Do not enter water with an open cut. No band-aids.
• Children are NOT allowed in class area of the pool during water fitness classes.
Please see schedule for class times.
• Respect any class in progress. No loud noises around class zone.
• Chewing gum, glass, and food are not permitted in the wet area.
• Lap Lane use is for lap swimmers, runners or specified exercises. Please limit your
time to 20 minutes. If all lanes are taken, share space when possible.
• No hanging, sitting or lying on lane lines!
• Please remove kick boards, noodles, toys and any other aquatic equipment from
water when not in use.
• Certain aquatic equipment for use only during supervised programs or by the
discretion of aquatic staff.
• Children in diapers MUST wear swim diapers designed specifically for pool use.
• Appropriate swim attire must be worn at all times.
• Courtesy towards other members and staff is expected at all times.
• Please remove all newspaper, magazines or other reading materials from wet area.
• Cell phone usage in wet area is prohibited.
• Staff only allowed in aquatic closets, bins and/or pump room.
• Wet area closes 15 minutes prior to club closing.
When slide is being used, slide-pool is closed for general swim or play. To use the slide, you must be able to swim unassisted to the ladder. No life jackets, flotation devices, or swim aids may be used on the slide. One person only is allowed on the slide at any time. Adults may NOT accompany children down the slide. Adults may NOT wait for children at the bottom of the slide. Walk; do not run up the slide steps. Walk; do not run through water features. Do not hang or swing on water features. Leaning over the slide handrails is not permitted. Wait until the last slider is at or on a ladder before entering the chute. Enter the slide sitting on bottom and feet forwards. Headfirst slides are prohibited. Exit slide-pool immediately after sliding. Direct adult supervision at the slide and/or play area is required.
• No gym bags or personal items in the free weight room.
• Equipment is not allowed to be moved around in weight room.
• Use only one piece of equipment at a time.
• Strip all weights from machines and bars when finished.
• All weights must be put back in their proper place.
• Do not drop weights on floor.
• Do not remove any weights from weight room.
• Please bring a towel to wipe your sweat off of the equipment.
• Unauthorized freelance personal training, or one-on-one training/coaching on a continual basis, by or of members, is strictly prohibited. AFF provides a qualified, trained staff of certified personal trainers.
• Guests are only allowed to use the club between the hours of 9am – 9pm.
• All guests are required to meet with a membership director, please call ahead.
• Guests under the age of 18 years are not permitted to use the facilities
of American Family unless they are supervised by their parent(s).
• All guests are required to present a valid photo I.D., sign the register
and sign a waiver of liability upon entering American Family.
• All guests are subject to the rules and regulations of conduct that the
members of American Family are subject to follow.
• It is the member’s responsibility to convey all regulations to their guests.
• Guests may not use basketball or racquetball courts.