It’s time to look beyond the number on the scale…
You have probably heard the phrase “not all weight is created equal”. Well, that is absolutely correct. Our weight is made up of water, fat, muscle, bones etc. So why are we so focused on just one number? With InBody technology we are able to use body composition analysis to measure much more than weight.
What does it measure?
- Lean Body Mass
- Body Fat Mass
- Total Body Water
- Dry Lean Mass
- Body Mass Index(BMI)
- Percent Body Fat
- Segmental Lean Mass(Right Arm, Left Arm, Trunk, Right leg, Left Leg)
What do I need to do for the most accurate results?
For the most accurate results, try to follow as many of these as you can:
- Hydrate well the day before.
- Avoid drinking caffeine on the day of your test.
- Avoid eating 3-4 hours prior to testing.
- Avoid exercising 6-12 hours prior to testing.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing.
- Avoid InBody testing after a shower or sauna.
- Avoid using lotion or ointment on hands or feet.
- Avoid testing if you are pregnant, menstruating, or have medical implants such as pacemakers and other life-sustaining medical implants
How do I schedule?
Our InBody machines rotate on a monthly basis. Please contact the Fitness Director at your club to schedule an appointment or to find out when the InBody will be at the location closest to you. Additional fees apply. Ask your personal trainer if you qualify for free InBody testing.
Sign up for the InBody Blog newsletter and get quality articles that will help you improve your health and fitness!