Functional Movement ScreeningThis is the most important part of our program. We need to understand the individual strengths and weaknesses of every athlete that trains with us. The FMS evaluation is mandatory for every athlete that wants to enter the EDGE program. During the evaluation we will take athletes through a dynamic warm-up series, study each athlete’s running technique, and test in areas related to that particular athletes sport or goals. After the evaluation, every athlete and parent will meet with a head evaluator to review the test results. At that time the athlete will be given the information from their testing and then select the best program for their specific needs.
Why the evaluation?
- Access the athlete’s current level of ability
- Select the proper training time for the athlete
- Design the proper strength and conditioning program
- Record the pre/post tests for comparison
- Prevent injury
- Assess your risk for injury and asymmetry
- Determine mobility and stability