American Red Cross Swim Instructor Training
American Red Cross Swim Instructor Training Near Me in Central Virginia
The American Red Cross Swim Instructor Training at American Family Fitness will certify you to teach American Red Cross swimming and water safety, and gain the skills needed to teach swimmers of all ages and abilities.
Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Review Prerequisites:
- Must be at least 16 years of age on or before the last day of course
- Swim the following strokes consistent with American Red Cross Level 4 stroke performance criteria:
- Front crawl—25 yards
- Back crawl—25 yards
- Breaststroke—25 yards
- Elementary backstroke—25 yards
- Sidestroke—25 yards
- Butterfly—15 yards
- Maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water (floating or sculling)
- Tread water for 1 minute
$250 per Member | $275 per Non-Member
Learn How to Teach People of all Ages to Enjoy Time in the Water Safely!
During the American Red Cross Swim Instructor Training, you will learn about
- Water safety at public pools, homes, and natural bodies of water
- Basic safety, survival and swimming skills to help children gain water competency.
- Helping people with disabilities and other health conditions enjoy the water safely.
- And more …
Upon successful completion of the American Red Cross Swim Instructor Training program at our Virginia facilities, you will be able to teach classes and make presentations to swimmers of every age and ability within the American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety program.