American Family Fitness Membership FAQs
Changes can be completed at the Welcome Desk of your local American Family Fitness location or on our website at amfamfit.com, account login. If you do not want your dues to draft from your account we have on file, you can make a payment in the club, up to 5 days prior to the scheduled draft date.
If during the term of your membership you become physically unable to use a substantial portion of the health spa services for 30 or more consecutive days, you may cancel your membership with a doctor’s or nurse practitioner’s certificate. If during the term of your membership you permanently relocate 25 miles away from any American Family Fitness, your membership will be terminated with valid proof of relocation, $100 cancellation fee and a Request to Cancel Form. Click here to request a membership cancellation.
- RENTAL OR LEASE AGREEMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Drivers license, not more than two months old
- Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, not more than two months old
- Utility bill, not more than two months old, issued to the primary member. Service and mailing address must be the same. Examples include gas, electric, sewer, water, cable or phone bill. (Cellular phone and pager bills are not accepted.)
- Copy of current voter’s registration receipt at primary member’s new district.
- Payroll check stub issued by an employer within the last 2 months with both primary member’s name and address imprinted. Current homeowners insurance policy, automobile or life insurance bill (Cards or policies are not accepted.)
- Cancelled check not more than 2 months old with both name and address imprinted.
- Certified copy of school tuition with room/board issued by a school in which the member is currently enrolled and accredited by a U.S. state jurisdiction or territory. (A report card is not accepted.)
- An affidavit from an attorney. The affidavit must be on attorney’s letterhead. The affidavit can only be signed by the attorney. Make sure that it includes the 3 required items: member’s name, member’s new address, and date member moved.
- Mission papers
Click here if you wish to cancel your membership at the end of your term. Please allow 1-2 business days for an email confirmation of the initial request.
If further information is required to process your cancellation, you will be contacted via email or phone. Cancellations are not acceptable via telephone. Any scheduled payments due prior to your effective date of cancellation will be presented to your financial institution for payment; including, but not limited to your yearly maintenance fee. Your effective date of cancellation is 30-days after your last membership payment. No refunds. The effective date of cancellation is the date your membership is terminated. Any payments and services due before your effective date of cancellation will be presented to your financial institution for payment. Please call 804.965.0057 or email us at email@example.com , if you have any questions.
Upon joining American Family Fitness, you are eligible for a free 8-week course designed to teach you the basics of exercise and familiarize you with the many types of fitness we have to offer. You’ll also have access to cardio equipment, machine weights, free weights, group exercise classes, cycling, basketball, racquetball, pool access and aqua aerobic classes where available and more. A family membership includes access to the KidZone and kid activities. Tanning, personal training and swimming lessons are additional fees.